Please note that due to popular demand we have now moved this event to a larger external venue at Top Floor, Fora, 9 Dallington St, Clerkenwell, EC1V 0LN just a short walk from our studio, the original venue. Registration is now open again and you can register using the form below.
With the new Stewardship Code set to come into effect in January 2020, get an early insight by joining us at our next #illumination event taking place on 5 December. Please find event details below.
The Code which applies to asset owners, asset managers and the service providers that support them, introduces a number of key changes including:
- Redefining stewardship
- Extending the Code to include service providers such as proxy advisers
- Extending the Code to cover all asset classes, beyond listed equity
- Taking annual reporting requirements beyond policies to activities and outcomes
- Extending reporting requirements to include material ESG issues, including climate change
- Reporting on purpose, values and culture, in line with the 2018 Corporate Governance Code
With investor relations and governance professionals in mind, the presentation will focus on the implications of the new Stewardship Code, addressing key questions such as:
- What is being expected of investors and service providers under the new Code?
- How is the new Code likely to change investor engagement with listed companies?
- How best can investor relations and governance professionals prepare themselves and their boards to meet new information requirements arising from the new Code, especially around ESG?
Speaker: Claudia Chapman, Corporate Governance Policy Advisor, Financial Reporting Council
Date: Thursday 5 December 2019
Time: 8.30am–10.00am (Breakfast/networking from 8.30. Presentation from 9.00)
Venue: Top Floor, Fora, 9 Dallington St, Clerkenwell, EC1V 0LN